Editable Panel Setting file (.psf)

Editable Panel Setting file (.psf)

Postby RJA4000 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 am

Hello

The more I use the tool, the more I'm impressed by how comprehensive it is.
I'm now trying automation through API and it's much mroe powerfull than Device test Plan indeed.
(More work for me too...)

One wish, which is strongly related:
Several settings can't be changed through the API and we have to use "Panel Setting" files for that.
Unfortunately, those files are binary.
Could you consider having a readable/editable format for that ?
XML file would work fine, with a setting name reference document.
Then it would be easier to exactly configure what we need, and also to undestand why a specific setting is not working all of a sudden.
Or what are the differences between to Panel settings.
RJA4000

Re: Editable Panel Setting file (.psf)

Postby VirtinsTech » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Currently a Panel Setting file is binary and can only be loaded into Multi-Instrument to read and edit its parameters. A readable/editable Panel Setting file could be a help under some circumstances. But the concern is that there can be thousands of paramters and it may be difficult to go through them through a text editor. For example, 16 DDP viewers are supported and each of them contains more than 30 parameters. So there are more than 480 parameters for DDP viewers only.

Also, there may be some interlocks between these parameters, meaning that some parameters cannot be changed independently otherwise the software may not be able to function correctly. It may be difficult for the user to know these interlock rules. But Multi-Instrument knows.
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Re: Editable Panel Setting file (.psf)

Postby RJA4000 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:18 am

Hi

Thanks for your answer
I understand I'd have to be very careful.
But, still, even if that's just to compare profiles, it would be VERY useful.
RJA4000

Return to Wish Lists