Data Logger - few questions

Postby Testman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:19 pm

In my project I need logging of analog value, 160 samples per second, 24 hours daily.

1. Is it possible to record 1 file per day. It means 13 842 000 samples (24 hours X 60 min X 60 sec x 160 samples)?

2. Is there a possibilities to define min and max values (with some kind of reaching indication) so it wil be easy later to observe just these parts of my 24 hour logging curve?

3. Durring the observation of recorded data I need to define span time as interval (for example from 13:22:23:122 to 13:22:23:150). Is it possible? If not, please treat this like a proposal for next versions.

Thanks in advance and have a nice week.

Rumen
Post at 27-2-2012 01:31

Thank you for your questions and suggestions.

1. Not possible for the current version and may be provided in the future.
2. Not possible for the current version and may be provided in the future.
3. It is possible to specify the time interval between records, but it is not possible to specify the the exact time (in ms) at which one record will be logged.

virtins
Post at 27-2-2012 12:27

Thank you for your kind support.

Just a little clarification regarding my question 1 :

In one of previous posts I saw that maximum 2 gigabytes can be recorded in one file. Also I noticed that a file containing a time span of 934 sec is 1.07MB. According to my calculation 24 hour file (86400 sec) should be 98Mb (much less than 2Gb). Where is the limitation from ?

c
As indicated in Section 6.2.4 of the software manual, "...The logged data will be automatically written to the hard disk once the number of data points per trace exceeds 32767. A new log file will be created automatically afterwards to continue the logging process....". In other word, the software is design such that one log file will only contain 32767 records (of course, we can make this value adjustable by the user in the future). However, the data logging process will not stop, it will continue logging data to a new file. The name of each log file will contain a time stamp so that both the user and the software can easily find the order of the log files.

virtins
Post at 28-2-2012 15:24

Now I see. Thanks for your quick replay.
Continuous logging satisfy my needs even into different files. Good luck to you and your team.

Rumen
Post at 28-2-2012 18:07
Testman

Re: Data Logger - few questions

Postby breetlee6666 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:19 pm

I just downloaded your software to try it out // I need to make fairly accurate frequency response plots and you guys seem to be the ticket ... I'm using an EMU 1212 sound-card and as far as I know the ins and outs are mono 1/4" ... I tried to stick the outs back into the ins to see "unity gain" on spectrum analyzer but can't get anything to work ... the help file isn't clear to me on how to get all this going

can you walk me thru it please ?!
breetlee6666

Postby VirtinsTech » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:09 pm

There are many pre-configured Panel Setting Files (PSF) that can be loaded in order to make frequency response measurement. If you use the downloaded version, you can simply click the button labelled "FRwhite" on the Hot Panel Setting Toolbar which will load a pre-configured PSF file for frequency response measurement. It uses white noise as the stimulus. You can also use the button "FRswp". It uses frequency sweep + peak hold function to measure the frequency response. Once you get farmiliar with the pre-configured setting for frequency response measurement, you can start to modify the setting to suit your need. There are still other methods to measure frequency response, please refer to the slides 12~14 at http://www.virtins.com/applications.shtml.

By the way, we have some frequence response measurement examples using EMU sound cards.
http://www.virtins.com/doc/D1004/EMU_Tracker_Pre_Report_D1004.pdf
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Postby ppasban » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:44 pm

If yes, how to correctly add it to ADC device list for usage?
ppasban

Postby ppasban » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:45 pm

If yes, how to correctly add it to ADC device list for usage?
ppasban

Postby VirtinsTech » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Go to [Setting]>[ADC Device] and select the correct ADC Device in the Device Model Selection box
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Return to Questions