NI daq card

NI daq card

Postby Mac » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:58 pm

Hi MI.
I have some National Instrument cards and some of them work with MI out of the box.
I find Multi Instrument software way more convienient and easy to use and preffer it over labview , no brainer here . Curently in use 4461 , 4472 worked well too.
Unfortunately i do not write scripts and do no programming so cant add cards that i like to Multi instrument Library.
So my question is : Is there a posibility of adding some more NI cards to MI library ? For a small fee or something ?
The main card of my interest would be NI PXI 6289 .
Another question would be : is it posible to monitor multiple channels in one MI instance ? I know that if i have multiple channels or multiple cards i can open as many MI instances as i want but they all can display only 2 channels at a time. Is there a posibility to view lets say 4 channels simultaniously in one instance ? Or i am missing something here and such feature alredy exist ?

Regards
Mac

Re: NI daq card

Postby VirtinsTech » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:34 am

Thank you for your questions.

Attached please find the updated ADC device database "ADCDevice.ddb" which contains the newly added "NI PCI/PXI/USB-6289 (Single Ended)" and "NI PCI/PXI/USB-6289 (Differential)" entries, and DAC device database "DACDevice.ddb" which contains the newly added "NI PCI/PXI/USB-6289".

MI-ADC-DAC-DeviceDataBase.zip
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

You can use the above two files to replace the two files with the same names under the root directory of Multi-Instrument to see if they can make your NI PXI-6289 work. You can view and modify these configuration via [Setting]>[ADC Device Database] and [DAC Device Database] in MI.

Currently, Multi-Instrument supports only two analog input channels in one instance. You may configure to use any two input channels from multiple channels via [Setting]>[ADC Device] and [DAC Device].
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Re: NI daq card

Postby Mac » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:06 am

Wow,- didnt expected it to happen that fast .
Great Job .
Thank you very much !!!
Mac

Return to Wish Lists