Software application doesn't open

Software application doesn't open

Postby alibutt » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:37 pm

I have Multi-Instrument VT DSO-2820E. I have installed the software (Multi-Instrument 3.4) came with the installation CD on windows 8 (64-bit). But after the completion of software, when I try to open the application first an activation window appears and when I select start evaluation nothing happened. It doesn't open. Kindly help me.
alibutt

Re: Software application doesn't open

Postby VirtinsTech » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:03 am

The driver needs to be installed first before the USB DSO can be used. After software installation, plug in the USB DSO, then go to the Device Manager of Windows Control Panel, there should be a new unknown device under "other devices" category, right click it and select "Update Driver Software". Then direct it to the Multi-Instrument software's root directory\Drivers\VTUSB3\32bit or 64bit. This is where the driver is located. Select 32bit or 64bit depending on your version of Windows. Please refer to Section 1.3 of the hardware manual for the above described driver installation procedure.

After the driver has been installed successfully, with the USB DSO connected, start Multi-Instrument, it will run under the licensed mode.

By the way, you can get free upgrade to MI3.5 from www.virtins.com/MIsetup.exe. The downloaded version default to use sound card for ADC and DAC. To use VT DSO-2820E instead, stop the oscilloscope by clicking the green button at the upper left corner of the screen, then:

1) go to [Setting]>[ADC Device] and select "VT DSO-2820E" in the Device Model selection box.
2) go to [Setting]>[DAC Device] and select "VT DSO-2820E" in the Device Model selection box.
3) go to [Setting]>[Configure Hot Panel Setting Toolbar] and load "DSO2820E.hps" for "Current HPST configuration file".
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports