Development of intermediate interface DLL

Postby Testman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:59 am

I would like to develop a DLL to connect my own ADC Hardware to Virtins Software. Is there a sample of such a DLL available? I have read the manual "vtDAQ and vtDAO API", but haven't found a hint how to write such a DLL.

Thank you in advance.

FXMAYER
Post at 23-7-2011 02:55

Thank you for your interest in our products. We have not come out such a sample yet. We will do it in the next release.
virtins
Post at 26-7-2011 15:50

Thank you for your quick reply. We have started a new project now and we would like to integrate your multi-instrument software, as it looks like that it fulfills all our requirements. This project must be done within the next 3 month. Do you think we can get a sample of the dll within the next 2 month. Do you have any description of the API or other material, from where we can start.

FXMAYER
Post at 26-7-2011 16:44

We should be able to come out a sample/template in VC++ in one or two weeks. We will post a message here after we are done.

virtins
Post at 27-7-2011 09:11

Thank you, that are good news. I will wait until you finished the work.

FXMAYER
Post at 27-7-2011 17:14

The sample DAQ intermediate interface DLL has been put in \DAQDAOAPIs\MyDAQVC.zip of Multi-Instrument's installation directory. We have also added one section (Section 4.2) describing the sample DLL in the vtDAQ and vtDAO interfaces document which can be downloaded at: http://www.virtins.com/vtDAQ-and-vtDAO-Interfaces.pdf. No change on the interface specifications.

virtins
Post at 9-8-2011 17:12

Thank you very much for the sample. I did some testing and it works fine. When I ported it to VS 2008 i got some problems, but when I defined _USE_32BIT_TIME_T it worked well again.

FXMAYER
Post at 15-8-2011 16:58

The sample you supplied to me uses "Hardware Trigger". What do I have to do to change to "Software Trigger". Do I only have to change the parameter in the "DAQ_GetDeviceInfo" function of the DLL or do I have to implement more functionality in my intermediate DLL?

Thank you in advance.

FXMAYER
Post at 22-9-2011 03:53

Yes, you can set "DAQDeviceInfo.SoftwareTriggerSupported" to "true" to let MI know that your DAQ device supports software trigger when DAQ_GetDeviceInfo function is called by MI. MI will call this function when you go to [setting]>[ADC Device Database] and press "Auto Detect & Fill". This will update each field in the ADC Device Database editor automatically. However, it will not update the ADC Device Database until you press "add" to add the new device into the database. If you want to modify an existing device, click on that device entry, delete it from the database, and then add it into the database with new settings.

The codes for software trigger should be put inside the intermediate DLL.

virtins
Post at 22-9-2011 14:24

Thank you for your quick response. I assumed that the code for Software-Trigger will be inside the MI-Software and I can use this functionality by setting the parameter for Software-Trigger. But if i have to handle it inside my intermediate DLL, what is the difference between Software- and Hardware-Trigger?

FXMAYER
Post at 22-9-2011 16:42

If the DAQ device supports both software trigger and hardware trigger, then you can select either software trigger or hardware trigger via [Setting]>[ADC Device], MI will then inform the intermediate DLL which trigger method to use via "TriggerParameters.HardwareTrigger". In other words, if a DAQ device supports both software trigger and hardware trigger, then MI will allow the user to choose which one to use.

virtins
Post at 23-9-2011 02:52

DLL
Could someone tell me how difficult it is to implement the DLL described in this thread? I have an 1 MHz sampling rate ADC which I need to connect to MI 3.2 and I am not a software guy (analog engineer only). I could ask my Grandson if he could do this, but I don't want to saddle him with something too time consuming. I just need a estimate of the time to do this. Thanks.

Mamre
Post at 13-10-2011 23:20

It depends what functions you will implement (i.e. trigger level, pre-trigger...). I did a nearly complete implementation and it took me about 3 weeks to do it. The sample, supplied by virtins works very well.

FXMAYER
Post at 24-11-2011 03:22
Testman

Return to Let Multi-Instrument software to interface to your own hardware through vtDAQ and vtDAO APIs